From Sue Rardin of
A Wildflower Inn Bed & Breakfast
1239 "I" Street
Anchorage, AK 99501 USA
This inn has been visited by Cruising America -
- Pastry for a One-Crust Pie
- 1 pound salmon, poached and flaked or 1/2 can canned salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 3 Tbsp)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream or light cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Dash or two of cayenne red pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pastry and line pie plate. Add salmon and onions to pastry shell.
Beat eggs slightly; beat in whipping cream, salt, sugar and cayenne red pepper.
Bake 15 minutes at 450. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake until knife inserted 1 inch from edgecomes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serves six.